Friday, September 4, 2015

Birthday Makeup

Hi!

So last weekend, August 29th was my birthday, and as many of you, I like to go all out (on my make-up of course!)

My outfit I chose to wear was cobalt, navy and white striped culottes with an off-white crop top and my strappy metallic louboutin sandals. 

I wanted to make my eyes dramatic because I wanted a nude lip since I knew I'd be a eating a lot and I get lazy to reapply 😇. 

So I decided to go for a blue smoky eye!
I've only ever done a blue smoky eye one other time, and I decided to go for a lighter blue mixed with gold. For my birthday I wanted an intense eye so I reached for my Borghese Five Shades of Cool palette, my Lorac Pro 2 Palette and my colourpop super shock shadows from the Metamorphosis palette called Kindness. I have been wanting to use Kindness for months now and never knew how, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity. Kindness is a duo chrome blue, purple black green shadow, I will show it below! 

The Look:

1. I primed my eyelids with my Lorac eyeshadow primer. 

2. I then set it with Buff from the Lorac Pro 2 palette

3. Then on my sigma E40 brush I took Nectar and Soft Brown from the Lorac Pro 2 Palette and started blending it into my crease, building the color up slowly just to get a nice natural transition color. I like the nectar and warm tones in the cream for a cool toned eye because it gives it a nice balance. The wariness brings out the blue more and makes it look more vibrant. 

4. I took Navy from the Lorac Pro 2 palette with a smaller blending brush, Morphe and put it directly into my crease and just under it so that there's a nice gradient from crease to lid. Being careful not to go above the crease. 

5. I took borghese's Eclissare ColorEdge eye pencil in graphite night and put that all over my lid as a base for the colourpop shadow. 

6. I then blended out the edges to make it not as harsh with Navy from the Lorac Pro 2 palette and with Shiver and Chill from the Five Shades of Cool palette. 

7. The fun part!! I took Kindness and dabbed it all over my lid with my finger, building it slowly until I was happy with the intensity. 

8. Continuous blending! I went back into the Five shades of Cool palette and directly into my crease I kept blending with Chill

9. To intensify the look, I took Numb from Five Shades of Cool and put it only in the outer corner for a more smoky seductive look. I used a pencil brush for this. 

10. Keep blending!

11. Then I put snow from the Lorac Pro 2 palette in my inner corner and on the highest point of my brow bone.

12. Moving on to the lower lashline, I started off with the Graphite Night pencil liner and smudged it out with Chill from Five Shades of Cool palette. Then to add gradient, I blended with Shiver from Five shades of Cool as well. On top of that I added Blue Ice for some shimmer and a bit of Kindness to make the lower lashline pop.  

13. I finished the eye with a winged liner, mascara and falsies. The falsies I used are Koko Lashes in the style Misha. 
 
On to the face:

1. Of course I had moisturized prior to doing the eyes 

2. I used L'Oreal Infallible Pro-matte foundation in N3 and used a beauty blender to stipple it on. 

3. I then went in with my borghese hydrating concealer in naturale and concealed under my eyes in a triangle shape, a little on my forehead and on my chin. I blended out with my beauty blender

4. I set my concealer with my NYX contour palette mixing the banana shade and beige shade. 

5. I used that contour palette to bronze up my temples, under the cheek bones and jaw line. I use basically all the bronzers in it

5. I added a little blush for this look, I used borghese's Thrill blush from the Eclissare ColorRise blush collection.

6. For highlight I used my all time favorite highlight, colourpop's Lunch Money highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, above my brow arch, on the tip of my nose and Cupid's bow 

7. For lipstick I used MAC's posh mineralize lipstick and added NYX's butter gloss in Tiramisu  

7. Finally I set my face with NYX matte setting spray!

Here is how the look turned out:


Products Used: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

BMB

The Shelf

Brand Backer