Tuesday, September 17, 2013

#4: NY Times Fashion Blog

So, looking on their blog, I came across a few posts that interested me but I tried to go back a bit so I wouldn't choose the same one as someone else! I decided to stop at Eric Wilson's post "Michael Kors Doesn't Break a Sweat" and evaluate it. He used nice fashion jargon but I do admit, he does not write as well as Cathy; she makes you visualize what she sees! Eric explained nicely the pieces that Michael Kors showed on the runway for spring and said it was '"summer romance … a softer attitude … the juxtaposition of sportif and romantic …” ' and indeed it was!
I liked that Kors's show was basically the opposite of Marc Jacobs (which we just read about and saw in our last class!) and gave you a happy feeling of warm weather coming along, but what I thought was cool and different was the fur on the dress shirt.
Eric Wilson's post was short and sweet and to the point, he gave nice specifics and comparisons and also let us know how high the humidity percentage was that day!!

 
 
Silhouette/design:
- dance dresses
- superwide lounge pants
- bikini
- blazer
- men's dress shirt
 
Details:
- embroidered with white daisies
- raffia embroidery
- woven bags
- ring of fluffy white fox fur
 
Color:
- soft shades of white and khaki
- grass color
- sky blue
 
Fabric:
- gauzy linen
- gabardine
- raffia
- fox fur
 
Jargon:
- sweet, sunny and concise
- natural looking materials with a lot of texture



No comments:

Post a Comment

BMB

The Shelf

Brand Backer